Thursday, February 5, 2009

Chitradurga da kalina kote

This hair rising song from the Kannada movie " Nagarahavu", rings in your ears when you near the fort. Its a beauty but I am yet to admire it. This is my third visit to this fort and I am yet to explore the vast area and see for myself, the brave lady Obavva's kindi. Like always this time too I reached the fort around 6 pm, after a days work and had to be satisfied roaming around the periphery and take couple of shots promising myself a next visit.

The Bastions at the base of the mountains


The path to the summit of the fort


2 comments:

Kannada Cuisine said...

Never quite realised that the Chitradurga fort was so beautiful until i saw these pictures!!

Lakshmi said...

Thanks for the fort pictures. Miss Chitradurga, it's been years since I visited the place. Nostalgia...
Very good photographs :)