Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Penguins at St. Kilda's Beach, Melbourne

On an  extremely cold evening, we headed to the St. Kilda's Beach to spot the famed pygmy sized penguins. A crowed beach in summer, but on a cold evening it wore a deserted look.


The penguins-extremely shy venture out into the sea under the cover of darkness, and during the day nestle in among the rocks and are tough to find. Volunteer with blue torch in hand help the tourist to spot the hidden penguin and goad tourist to avoid flash photograph. This is what I could get without flash -thanks to Photoshop.


Scores of yacht anchored  along the pier

10 comments:

Shiju Sugunan said...

I'm a shy penguin like you...

Siddhartha Joshi said...

Nice shots Sudhir...especially the penguin :)
-- Goa fun!

Unknown said...

Nice photos Sir (y)

Teamgsquare said...

Lovely picture of the penguin, but the first picture is a killer.

Rajesh said...

Great shots. I like the shot of that hidden penguin.

Indrani said...

Great to see a free penguin.
Great pics.

http://joshidaniel.com/ said...

wide beach and cute penguin :)

Vineeta Yashsavi said...

Beautiful photography...

Vineeta Yashsavi said...

Beautiful shots... I like Penguin a lot...

dokka srinivasu said...

Nice photos dear sudhir.

You have a great photography skill and talent and best wishes for your photography hobby.

Sudhir on recent sunday i am presented my Third Seminar on Indian Heritage and Culture to young children. In this seminar i am sharing my paintings and other collections relating to Indian Heritage and explaining children about various aspects of our Heritage and Culture through my collections. Children are eagerly participated in my seminar and they clarified their doubts about our glorious heritage.

http://indian-heritage-and-culture.blogspot.in/2014/12/my-third-seminar-on-indian-heritage-and.html

Please look into my Third Seminar on Indian Heritage post and share your valuable and inspirational comment for the same.